Janus Notarial Lawyers is a trading name of Janus Notarieel Juristen B.V.: the private company with limited liability with trade register number 17214520.
Janus Notarieel Juristen B.V. (in this Privacy Statement referred to as ‘Janus Notarial Lawyers’) processes personal data in the context of its services. This privacy statement indicates how your personal data are handled.
Contact details of controller
The personal data are processed by:
Lidy van Luttikhuizen, employee of Janus Notarieel Juristen B.V.
The use of personal data
Janus Notarieel Juristen obtains personal data from you, for instance the data that you make available via the website, email, telephone, WhatsApp, post and/or directly. In addition, Janus Notarieel Juristen can obtain personal data via third parties in the context of its services.
Janus Notarieel Juristen processes, inter alia, the following categories of personal data:
- Name and address details;
- Contact details, e.g. email address and telephone numbers;
- Place and date of birth;
- Civil service number (only if there is question of a statutory obligation);
- Passport photo (only if there is question of a statutory obligation);
- Data that are important for the implementation of the agreement (e.g. details regarding last will and testament, nuptial agreement, income tax return, and other financial details);
- Meeting reports;
- Content of communication;
- IP address.
Janus Notarieel Juristen processes these personal data for various purposes, including:
- The implementation of the agreement for the provision of services, including good and efficient services in the area in which Janus Notarieel Juristen is active;
- Looking after the justified interests of those concerned;
- The compliance with statutory obligations, e.g. identification in the context of the Dutch Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (Prevention) Act;
- The improvement of the services.
Supply to third parties
Janus Notarieel Juristen shall not forward personal data to third parties, unless the transfer takes place in the context of the aforementioned purposes or unless Janus Notarieel Juristen is, in pursuance of statutory obligations, held to transfer personal data to competent authorities.
Janus Notarieel Juristen secures your personal data through multiple technical and organisational measures, e.g. by means of firewalls, secure servers, and data processing agreements with third parties.
Janus Notarieel Juristen shall not process personal data longer than required for the purposes that it mentioned in this privacy statement. This means that personal data are retained as long as they are required to realise the relevant purposes. In addition, statutory retention obligations are applicable, e.g. the legal or tax retention obligation that Janus Notarieel Juristen must comply with.
You can always address questions about this privacy statement or about the processing of your personal data by email to: email@example.com. You are entitled to object to the processing of your personal data. This includes the right to submit a request for information, correction or erasure of your personal data. You can also request a transfer of your personal data. To avoid abuse, you may be asked to provide adequate proof of identity. After receipt of your request you receive an overview of your personal data within a reasonable period of time. If you see cause for it, then you are entitled to submit a compliant to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Changes in privacy statement
This privacy statement was lastly updated on 22 May 2018. Janus Notarieel Juristen may revise this privacy statement. New versions are always posted on the website.